The Roxana Public Library District is located at 200 N. Central Ave, Roxana IL. The Roxana Public Library District provides library services to all residents living within the Library District boundaries with services available to others for a Non-resident library card fee.
The Roxana Public Library was established in 1939. It was housed in one large room on the second floor of the Community Building. The Library began with a collection of 12,500. In December 1968 it was learned the grant application had been approved. Construction began in April 1969 and in mid-summer 1970 the new building opened. The present home of the Roxana Public Library is an attractive one-story, brick building with computer rooms, reading areas, a children’s area and an annex with a meeting room and kitchen facilities and is fully handicapped accessible.
The library holds over 25,000 materials including over 15,000 books, and 8,000 compact discs, cassette tapes and books on cassette.
In total, over 30,000 items were checked out of the system during fiscal year 2005-2006! In addition to these items, thousands of people entered the library to utilize print and electronic reference resources, access the Internet through the Library’s high speed line, or attend one of the Library’s many events.
The people of Roxana are grateful to that Board of 30 years ago and all the citizens who supported the issue. Thanks to them, we all have a Library to be proud of.
Our friendly and professional staff is eager to serve you. Welcome to the Public Library!